Wednesday, July 25, 2012

From Flophouse to Cathouse


Ron (RMP42661) likes women that are dressed up like men. Call it the 'Marlene Dietrich fetish' or whatever have you, it seems like there are quite a few people that dig this sort of 'man-drag'. So when I saw this picture, I thought about a Mike Hammer type of movie, filled with hard drinking gumshoes and gun molls etc ...and how Ron would probably really like a caption based off of that premise.

I think the dialog would be considered "hard boiled" and I did need some help with a bit of the lingo .. luckily there are websites out there that illuminate some of the slang words that didn't make it to the present day. Looking over it now, I probably should have made it all black and white, or sepia toned.


Oh well, Regrets .. I've had a few. But then again, too few to mention.

I've thought about making a caption series somehow involving Fifty Shades of Gray, but honestly, isn't the source material cheesy and goofy enough on its own?

1 comment:

  1. I love the dialog used here Dee. Having all the catch phrases thrown in make it much easier to get drawn into the story. I think making it b&w or sepia might have been good, but only if you added some old photo effects like cracks or sports. that would enhance that 'old timey' feel as much as the color.

    I'ts funny you mentioned Fifty Shades of Grey. I'm reading through it now, and I couldn't agree more about it's cheesy and goofy style. I swear if I hear about her 'inner goddess' one more time I'll just scream. Reading it reminds me why I often avoid books simply because they're popular.

    ReplyDelete