Monday, March 23, 2015

Tommy and His Pub .. Are Closed for Remodeling!


I'm sure business will pick up VERY soon!


Made this one for Zoligymist, who has a blog listed in the left hand side. As I said in the posting to Rachel's Haven:
Not sure if you've seen a reality show that deals with this topic, but we have numerous ones on cable TV like "Restaurant Impossible", "Bar Rescue" and "Mystery Diners" where people come in and redo a whole business that is failing, retrain staff or fire them, and redesign the decor and fix the food and liquor menu.
I guess they might have shows like this in other countries, I believe that Gordon Ramsey screams at people in a number of TV shows in Europe. When I saw the source photo, I thought about a "Reveal" part of the show, and how they had changed the loud, obnoxious owner/manager into something else entirely. Seems like a plausible idea for those of us making TG Captions I'm sure!

I won't ask you to write a long thing on what happened next, but I would like to see what you think Tawny's new place should be called! Other comments would be welcome too but I left the new establishment nameless so everyone could have a crack at giving it a new name!

You were working as a waitress in a cocktail bar, when I met you.
I picked you out, I shook you up
And turned you around, 
turned you into someone new.


4 comments:

  1. I've had a longstanding love/hate relationship with those shows. I like seeing the renovations both to the atmosphere and to the menu, but I hate seeing a place that represents the owners turned into just another 'trendy' bar/restaurant. Plus you can't tell me that after all these shows you weren't going to have an owner looking shocked during the reveal and go 'What the f*ck have you done to my place!? I HATE it!'

    As for the name of this new establishment, I'm going to go with the obvious. Pink!

    Oh, and great capstion Dee. Funny, succinct, and titillating all the way. And thanks for that song... it's one of those great 80s songs that manged to get past my nets. Until tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic job with the concept here. Well done, Dee!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this one. Where did you get the picture from?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't always source the models since they are often just posted to an aggregate photo site.

      This one however, I know is from Southern Charms, and her name is Fatal Femme, and the picture is from one of her free sections. She seems to be British and quite alluring!

      Delete