Monday, July 20, 2015

The Non-Traditional Geisha!


Don't you think it is time to modernize the whole enterprise?


Made this one for Kat Vandee, who supplied the photo. I thought I could do something with it, and yup, I did. I am not up on Japanese culture in the slightest, other than they like tentacle hentai, so I looked up a few terms so that I would be as correct as I can. I never realized that many of the goths that hung out at Manray in Cambridge were geisha! I should have asked them to make some tea!

Make sure you check on the new DIY Challenge HERE! I only gave people about 2 weeks to come up with something for a somewhat difficult picture. Not as hard as the one with the photo of the girl with blue hair and a boat perched atop the hairdo, which you can find HERE! Ian and Helena both had very creative captions that went with the picture, and I chipped with something based on Samuel Taylor Coleridge poem, which doesn't usually lend itself to TG fodder. If we have people that come up with something even half as creative as that challenge, I think I'll be a happy camper!

See you in a day or two!


I don't understand this sort of pop culture, and I'm not sure we can blame America for this! 
Still, the damn song is earworm inducing if you dare, but the dancers are mighty cute. 
Much better than Pink Lady!

4 comments:

  1. i well be honest i don't quite get the details on this one {whats sro ?) I Guess he offended to end up serving.
    But hey you know how confused i get.
    Wang rong rollin Nope do get it either. Maybe in a club late at night on the right substance. I expect its aimed at a very niche market. or used by the C I A to wear prisoners down before interrogation..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He was a cocky salesperson telling her to update a tradition that dates back hundreds of years. It would be like telling Kentucky Fried Chicken to use a brand new recipe for their chicken. So she made some changes to him that he had suggested and it all worked out for the best!

      Delete
  2. Great cap, while my knowledge of Japanese culture is probably even less than yours, knowing you made the effort to get the right terms is the cherry on top for me.

    Well I'm almost finished with your latest DIY, I wrote the story, but have to put it together. Not as creative as the one you revered to, but hopefully entertaining.

    I don't understand this kind of pop culture neither, but the one who uploaded this video made a comment that can shed some light on this.
    Because I don't know if you are familiar with the German language, I took the liberty to translate what Krisenzirkus said for you:
    "How can you cross cultural borders with a music video? Make the music simple and danceable. Make the video silly – the sillier, the better. If you can’t decide if you want to use a girl in a chicken costume or an animated chicken, use both! The language of the text is not important, if it has only five words in it to begin with – and the sound should be from a farm!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As chickens, they are quite adorable, but yeah. The thing is, that music can be a total earworm, which as chickens, they should be eating them!

      Thanks for translating. Most of the comments were in a different language than English or Spanish so I had no idea what was being said.

      Delete