Thursday, December 31, 2015

Lacy's New Year to Remember!



Wonder whose arms will hold you good and tight? When it's exactly twelve o'clock that night?


This is the official last post of 2015. Overall, this is a year I'd really like to forget, and I can't wait to get it in the rear view mirror. If you've been following me since January, it has been hard to keep swimming against the tide.

But then again, that is what is so special about New Year's. The promise of a fresh start. This time, things will be different. It is a system reboot for the soul. And it starts at midnight!

I have no idea what will happen in 2016. There will be some great times, and some sad ones too. I hope that all my friends and relatives will be with me again next year at this time, along with some new people that shared the best of what they could offer. Many people call me an optimist, but I know that it is often pointless to let yourself get too far down .. it can always be worse, and I choose to see the blessings I have even when faced with what others would consider bad luck.

And I hope that all of you feel the same way, at whatever point you are in your journey on this blue-green marble flinging itself around a nondescript young star, one of 100 billion stars of our own galaxy. That thought might make you feel insignificant, but what makes you who you are right now, has been around for millions of years. One speck of an inconceivable number, yet all unique!

And in this time and place, we find like minded people who enjoy the same things, share our experiences and give support when it is needed. Like no other, THIS is the time to be alive! There are no boundaries anymore! Each individual voice can be heard, loud and clear, far and wide!

Reach out! Make a difference .. next door, in your town, across the state, through any and all borders! BE the change you've always wished to make! Tomorrow is the day we've always been waiting for!


Please be safe tonight! See you in 2016! I wish you all the very best in the New Year!

2 comments:

  1. Lovely sweet cap.

    For me 2015 would end up somewhere in the middle, the prognoses for 2016 aren't that great in my case. Some things are heading down hill in an unstoppable way. At this point I can do less more than sit out the ride, and hoping that when I'm at the bottom, I have enough momentum to be sent up the next hill. If not, than at least the only way for me is up. New oppurtunities will present themselves. Probably some I never considered.
    As you already mentioned, things always can get worse, and it's a good thing to look at the blessings, no matter how small.

    The very best to you too, this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dee: Here is wishing you all the best for 2016. Life is what you make of it, including fantasies through captions. I have loved the captions you have sent me, and I look forward to trading in 2016.

    Lacy

    ReplyDelete