Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Charley Quinn's Gonna Get Herself Some Respect .. and Some Puddin' too!


This is a time limited caption .. see it while you can! Explanation, actual caption and writeup inside!


Made this one for Crow, who has the male name Charles and female name Charlie as preferred names, so it was really close to the target picture .. and figured I'd go with it. She's British, but I have to assume that Batman is pretty big over there as well. I mean, he's the most awesome superhero EVER .. with the best Rogue's Gallery of villains too!

I think you have to have at least a background in how Harley Quinn came to be to really enjoy this caption, but you could like it on a superficial level with basic superhero knowledge. Batman: The Animated Series is one of my favorite cartoons of all time, and is where the current Harley Quinn originated from. If you can find the show online, it is worth watching even today. I'm hoping that Suicide Squad, the movie, is going to be good, but I have my doubts.

This caption, while just a TG story, could conceivably play out the same way in the comic books. There are so many documented gender swaps in comic books in the past, and they'll place girls in men's former slots ... I guess they are going to have Iron Man be a woman now in new Marvel books .. so why wouldn't this take place in DC continuity? It sort of holds true to the original origin, well at least ONE of them, and ups the ante of being a transsexual character, which still isn't quite accepted yet in mainstream comics. I mean, Harley being a literal trap?

Anyway, why is Dee Mentia making this a time limited caption? Well, dear reader .. I found this photo as the second picture in a Google search for Harley Quinn Cosplay. I went through a whole bunch of photos, but THIS is the one that spoke to me in a way that would fit Crow's preferences the best and serve the needs of the caption as well. Since it is that popular, and was posted to Deviant Art, which I always try to avoid gacking pictures from there .. I will pull this caption down within a week, even sooner if the photographer / model asks. That way, people can see a trading caption I made for Crow, and still make the claim I am looking out for other creative types and respecting their work.

I am going to do some on line hunting to get some ideas for the July 2016 DIY Caption Challenge. Don't have anything set in stone yet, so if you have any thoughts. Other comments, as usual, are encouraged! Offers of servitude shall not be denied!



2 comments:

  1. OMG! I LOVED Batman the Animated Series! I'm going to have to add that to my viewing list (I just put Quantum Leap up at the top when I saw it on Netflix!). Great cap Dee!

    I don't think it will be too long before you see some main comic characters be transgendered. Comics have a way of jumping over the social norms by years and years. I think there are already some secondary characters that are TG, but I could be wrong about that.

    And bravo on being nice about images taken from Deviant Art. I'd hope that if the original artist or model come to see this that they'll ask you to actually leave it up! But mad respect coming your way either way Dee!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i do love bat man yes it is big here to. i do admit to being a bit out of touch with prequels
    and pre prequels. my friend at work keeps telling me about Gotham but i can't see it on tv yet. Batman star wars star trek i sometimes think the creators shoot them selves in the foot as if you are not a in at the start obsessed nerd you don't stand a chance of ever catching up! films comics books games animation i just don't have time in my life for all that. plus if you take star wars they change the f***** plot in one format.
    Foaming at the mouth now.....gurrrrr!

    ReplyDelete