Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Regrets? I Don't Know the Meaning of the Word Regrets!


This caption was me taking a picture and writing what it gave me without a filter or anything.


I had no places to be, no commitments to anyone else, and I spent it here in front of the computer making TG captions for my enjoyment and yours. Any regrets? Nah! Fuck that!

As I wrote up above, I saw the picture, thought "No regrets!" and just dove in. Because of that, it was interesting to see where my brain took me. as I was writing on the fly. It started off as a sweet caption (oh! Read the caption first as there are possible spoilers coming up!) where the main character was trying to figure out why would he give up what he currently had, that it sure beat living inside a dumpster in the rough part of town. This is where I was heading until I got finished with the line about male pride .. that was my main intent at first, to puncture holes in "being a man" and when I started to paint the background with the next line, I had to pause.

I actually started thinking about how *I* had gotten there. First time I saw it that way, because I wasn't sure who this was before then: but if I could put myself in that pool, I would have a better idea what was happening there. I knew that I wouldn't have chosen to have big blond hair, but being Daddy's Girl required that. What I had written until that point was "why couldn't I accept not having power and just enjoy all the things that were given to me, even if they came from something unpleasant. Is it something I would regret?"

That next paragraph took care of that male pride issue, and introduced HOW I had come to be that. Giving it up wasn't a "reverse the spell" but more of an "escape no matter what" proposition, right?

At heart though, it was a power struggle, plain and simple. Jenkins tried to subjugate me after he had already defeated me economically. Power is always an interesting topic, and how we obtain, and keep, power has been a topic of discussion for centuries. I thought about those classic struggles to control, and how ultimately it played out historically. Right there I had my ending, which luckily enough, tied everything together nicely into a bow. Almost like I had planned it that was all along!

The coolest thing about that is while I am on my journey to write the story, the reader is taking the same steps to discovering the ending too. I am not sure there was any telegraphing of the plot, since I wasn't writing it to foreshadow something to be revealed since I didn't even know that I was going to be revealing anything shocking . even though it was something lurking beneath all along .. you can't really change who you are, whether you are a CEO of a company or a teenage girl, you still have that spark of identity underneath that makes us each an individual.


Hard to believe that this is the 20th anniversary of the release of the movie ,"The Craft" I was so much younger then, and so much drunker too. Great witchcraft movie, and though it is a bit cheesy, it is more realistic than much of the movies that have come out before, or since for that matter.

DISCUSSION QUESTION: Did you have any idea where this caption was going? What would you have written up for a plot using this picture? Does the contrast between this picture and what I wrote make an effective disconnect that makes the ending seem more shocking or are you used to this sort of thing from me?

5 comments:

  1. It was a complete surprise Dee.....I liked it....so sunny and bright and beautiful then the real darkness comes on quick!!!
    I've had things like this happen to me too....halfway through and the story takes a turn no one expects....not even the writer!!!!
    I loved it....in fact if it was a movie I'd love to see it at the Matinee!!!

    Hope all is well
    Love
    Kaaren

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Getting better. A return to normality I hope, well as normal as things can be here!

      Got a caption coming your way in the next week or two!

      Delete
    2. I'd be throbbing with anticipation....but you know...there's that whole chastity thing so I'll just say I eagerly await it!!!
      Normal is what you say it is!!!!
      Love
      Kaaren

      Delete
  2. The ending was a surprise. the turning of the tables. its why i enjoy you blog.
    Expect the unexpected. i think if i used the photo it would not be so Deevious
    Maybe a hypno cap and our victim waking up wondering how he got embarrassing tan line.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had thought about that, but I've done something close to that before, and I would've had to have a new angle for it, which I couldn't come up with one.

      Delete