Saturday, February 10, 2018

Sometimes You Have to Flip the Script A Bit!


I'm hoping that this genre she's working on becomes the new standard Rom/Com plot-line!


Isabella Belmont really likes Emily Rudd, her avatar on the Haven, and it is one of her preferences if possible to use one of the actresses many photos for captions. I was happy to oblige after looking her up on Google. Seems like you average teenage to 20 something girl next door. You can definitely make many captions with a woman like that. As per what I wrote in the original posting: "Search engines told me that this was Emily Rudd. I'm hoping it is .. I'm pretty sure it isn't Paul Rudd, though that certainly would fit into this caption very much!"

As I get older, I am going to definitely lose my pop culture crown, as I don't particularly want to follow the latest things now. I noticed it very much during the Super Bowl last week during the commercials. Some of them made me think, "Am I supposed to know who those people are?" like the Alexa commercial, they went back to this woman twice .. and she reminded me of a cross between Nicki Minaj and Rosie Perez. Found out that it was Cardi B .. I recognize the name from that song remix with Bruno Mars but just throwing her up on the screen is supposed to make me know who the hell she is? Good commercial, but Doritos / Mountain Dew did better with Peter Dinklage, Morgan Freeman, Busta Rhymes and Missy Elliot. Those people I know who the fuck they be!

Which takes us back to the caption. Lesbians were a big deal in the 90's and into the new millennium (the Willenium vanished quickly, like the MIB, big Willie style!)  Not so much now, but it is time for a comeback, don't you think? Everything old is new again. It was 10 years ago that Katy Perry kissed a girl and she liked it! All of that lesbianism was pretty much surface level, trite stereotypes and playing into the fantasies of men .. but for one, SO WHAT? and two, you have to lay down those things as the groundwork to expand the palette. What if the Laura Dern general was once a lover of Princess Leia in the new Star Wars movie? That might give her some emotional depth that was really missing from that one note character. She was there to comfort Leia once Han became distant after Kylo turned to the dark side.

Nah, it would never happen. Mostly because movie execs wouldn't want an older woman having relations with another older woman. Guys would find that icky! Rather have the fanboys fantasize about her sleeping with every guy in the SW universe because she is literally one of the few female characters whose name the average fan knows. I guess Isabella has her work cut out for her!

Side Note: I've noticed that I've been doing a lot more captioning in the photos themselves lately. Speaks to the quality and design of the pictures I've been snagging lately.


2 comments:

  1. Jabba the hutt could have been written as a lesbian character. And Chewbacca but maybe those hairy legs would put the male audience off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Guy-to-girl romcoms are certainly an interest to this niche consumer...

    ReplyDelete